What is FFKM O-ring ?
● FFKM have excellent chemical resistance, high and low temperature resistance and mechanical properties, and can withstand more than 1800 kinds of chemical solvents, including ketones, ethers, aromatics, strong acids and alkalis. Its broad-spectrum media resistance is the best among all fluoroelastomers, which is an important reason why it is chosen as a seal.
The structure of perfluoroether FFKM consists of a main chain part: TFE (tetrafluoroethylene), a branch part: PMVE (perfluoromethyl vinyl ether) and a bridging part. TFE and PMVE copolymers with a molar ratio of 25% to 40% are elastomers, and are called perfluoroether rubbers because they do not contain common elements such as hydrogen except for the elements C, F, and 0, and PMVE provides trifluoromethoxyl side chains that are connected to the main chain.
What are the FFKM areas of application ？
● FFKM is used as seals in semiconductor manufacturing, such as O-rings, gaskets and other products. It is resistant to plasma corrosion, gas corrosion, acid and alkali corrosion, high temperature corrosion, etc., and meets the requirements of high cleanliness of rubber seals. The high purity and chemical resistance of PFE rubber makes it the best sealing material for semiconductor manufacturing, improving seal integrity, reducing maintenance and increasing safety.
● FFKM is used in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in the environment of organic acid corrosion, organic alkali corrosion, organic solvent corrosion and high temperature corrosion. It maintains stability, reduces contamination and extends the life of seals, thereby increasing productivity and reducing costs.
● FFKM is used in the chemical industry in scenarios where it is resistant to strong acid corrosion, strong alkali corrosion, gas corrosion, organic solvent corrosion and high temperature corrosion. It is able to resist the erosion of various chemicals and maintains the integrity of the seal and stable performance.
● FFKM is used in the petroleum industry in environments such as heavy oil corrosion, hydrogen sulfide corrosion, high sulfide corrosion, organic composition corrosion and high temperature corrosion. It can resist the erosion of these corrosive media and keep the performance of seals stable.
● FFKM is used in the automotive industry for high temperature oil corrosion and high temperature corrosion resistant scenarios. It can keep the performance of seals stable and adapt to the requirements of high temperature environments.
● FFKM is also widely used in laser plating industry, battery industry, special equipment manufacturing industry, special chemical industry and nuclear power thermoelectric industry. It can resist various corrosive media and high temperature environment in these fields and provide stable sealing effect.
How to choose FFKM O-rings ?
● We can also provide our FFKM different grades for different temperatures and working environments，there have FFKM-BD040B, FFKM-BD375B, FFKM-BD375W, FFKM-BD475W, FFKM-BD579B, FFKM-BD579W, FFKM-BD675B, FFKM-BD775B, FFKM-BD790B, FFKM-BD890B, FFKM-BD910A
● Our FFKM O-rings are comply with the following standards：GB/T3452.1-2205, AS-568, DIN3771, JIS B2401 and ISO 3601.
● More details, please consult with our BD Seals team and we will use the best advice to meet any requirements you may have !